Followers

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Canvas creations


I recently took an online class by Christy Tomlinson on SheArt. A friend of mine had made a gorgeous canvas girl and I just had to know how to make one so I did my research and found Christy's amazing workshop and immediately signed up.

This art form is a great way to use all my left over scraps as well as some of those products that don't always see the light of day. Christy encourages you to use what you have and be creative about using found objects. I checked out my local dollar store and found all kinds of things to use, thanks to Christy's demonstrations and breakdown of what to look for.

I have attached some photos I took though my creative process but out of respect to Christy I will not share how I accomplished each step. I highly encourage you to check out her workshop. I am already awaiting the second one, once it is offered again.

Step #1
Step #2
Step # 3

I am entering my canvas girl into the following challenges:
Whimsey stamps challenge #36 distressing
The crazy challenge #116 Feminine or girly
Simon Says-Anything goes challenge

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful She Art girl! I did this course last year and just loved it - hope you continue to enjoy it! So glad you joined our Whimsy Inspiration 'Distressed' Challenge this week! Hugs, Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete